Sports Premium Allocation
Sports Premium Funding for 2020 to 2021
Sports premium funding is provided to help schools improve the quality of PE and sport they should offer. Schools receive PE and sport premium funding based upon the number of pupils you have from years 1-6. Schools with 17 or more eligible pupils receive £16,000 and an additional payment of £10 per pupil.
Total Sport Premium Funding at St Stephens Junior School for 2020/2021: £20200
All Pupils who attend St Stephens Junior school, should acquire the skills and motivation to thrive in PE and sport. This will help pro-long lifelong physical activity and lead healthy and active lifestyles.
Furthermore, will increase the opportunity for all pupils to participate in sport. This could be through competitive sport such as inter or intra sport competitions. Plus, the various other sports that we run to engage all our pupils in sport.
At St Stephens Junior school, we recognise the contribution of PE and sport to the health and well-being of our children. We believe that, varied PE curriculum and extra-curricular opportunities have a positive influence on the concentration, attitude and academic achievement of all our children. Thus, linking to our school values, independence, creativity and respect.
Objectives for 2020-2021:
- To support a Part-time Dance teachers to enhance children’s experience of Dance during lessons and PPA time and provide opportunities to enter competitions
- To support a Part-time sports coach to engage pupils in engaging and effective PPA Sport/PE lessons throughout the school.
- Todeliver a new PE curriculum focusing on skills.
- Sports clubs and games based activities after School
- External Coaches to increase the variety and diversity of sport offered to children
- Partnership and entry fees to support the school in all areas of sport
- Travel costs to subsidise two minibuses to enable children to travel around the county and experience a variety of competitions and tournaments.
- To support the cost of experienced swimming coaches at local swimming pool
- To give pupils opportunity to attend professional sports events.
- By providing essential equipment for pupils and staff to facilitate in PE lessons.
- Paying for Professional development courses or provisions for PE/Sport.
- To increase participation in Sport and physical activity.
- Raise the profile of sport and PE across the school.