Sports Premium Allocation 2019 / 2020
Sport premium allocation for 2020 / 2021 to follow in due course
Sports premium funding is provided to help schools improve the quality of PE and sport they should offer. The current PE and sport premium funding received is based upon the number of pupils you have from years 1-6. Schools with 17 or more eligible pupils receive £16,000 and an additional payment of £10 per pupil.
The Sport Premium allocation for St. Stephen's Junior for 2019 / 2020 is £20,200.
DOWNLOAD LINK: Sport Premium allocation for St. Stephen's Junior for 2019 / 2020 (with review March 2021)
Primary PE and Sport Premium at St. Stephen's Junior School
All Pupils who attend St Stephen’s Junior school should acquire the skills and motivation to thrive in PE and sport. This will promote lifelong physical activity and lead to a healthy and active lifestyle.
Furthermore, we strive to increase the opportunity for all pupils to participate in sport. This could be through competitive sport such as inter or intra sport competitions, or the various other sports that we run (both in and after school) to engage all our pupils in sport.
At St.Stephen’s Junior school, we recognise the contribution of PE and sport to the health and well-being of our children. We believe that a varied PE curriculum and extra-curricular opportunities have a positive influence on the concentration, attitude and academic achievement of all our children, linking to our school values: independence, creativity and respect.
Importance of Physical Education, School Sport & Physical Activity Resources
Please see the link to the website of the Association for Physical Education. This provides further information regarding a range of current national strategies which we are keen to use as part of our approach.
Objectives for 2019 / 2020:
- To support a Part-time Dance teacher to enhance children’s experience of Dance during lessons and PPA time and provide opportunities to enter competitions.
- To support a Part-time sports coach to engage pupils in engaging and effective PPA Sport/PE lessons throughout the school.
- To deliver a new PE curriculum focusing on skills.
- Sports clubs and games-based activities after School.
- External coaches to increase the variety and diversity of sport offered to children.
- Partnership and entry fees to support the school in all areas of sport.
- Travel costs to subsidise two minibuses to enable children to travel around the county and experience a variety of competitions and tournaments.
- To support the cost of experienced swimming coaches at local swimming pool
- To give pupils opportunity to attend professional sports events.
- By providing essential equipment for pupils and staff to facilitate in PE lessons.
- Paying for Professional development courses or provisions for PE/Sport.
- To increase participation in Sport and physical activity.
- Raise the profile of sport and PE across the school.